Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Camping Memories



After day camping this past Sunday, it made me think of all my camping memories as a child. Camping was one of the funnest things to do during the summer. I love the outdoors and mountains. I hope reading about these memories will just make you laugh and not make you think I'm a weirdo! =)

Growing up I absolutely loved barbies. So of course I just had to take some along when going camping! My cousins and I could play with them for hours on end, pushing our imaginations to the max. We would make houses in the trees and adventures in the streams. Of course something had to break every time. That was heartbreaking. Especially when a head popped off. It was bad enough when my favorite barbie's thumb broke off but a head?! Crisis! But don't you worry, mom and aunts were there to save the day and fix them.

One not-so-happy memory is of one camping trip where I got hurt pretty bad. I was riding bikes around with a cousin. We were having fun. Going by one campsite we got chased by a dog. That was scary and got our hearts pumping! What was really fun was going over little bumps really fast. That is, until the bike decided to kick me off. Then my day turned out very sad. My cousin rode off to get an adult to help me because I scraped up my knee really bad and couldn't walk on it. She was taking a really long time. Eventually a man from another campsite heard my cries and carried me all the way back to my camp! It was very kind of him. To this day, I don't remember what in the world my cousin was doing, but she sure wasn't getting me help. When I got up the next morning I was walking a bit better and to our surprise the man who carried me had stopped by to see if I was doing okay before leaving. There really are some good people on this earth.

Just a couple more. . .

The smell of campfires.
Waking up early for hot chocolate.Playing in the streams.
Seeing all the stars and the milky-way galaxy.Roasting Marshmallows.And spending time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment